Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ramen Noodles: food of the Gods (and poor college kids)

Oh. look I'm writing about food again! Sorry, I always do these blog posts around dinnertime so I'm usually thinking about food then. For the past couple months, I've eaten ramen noodles at least three times a week. They are kind of addictive in a way, probably due to the high salt content. I decided to write about them when they were mentioned in an episode of Breaking Bad (I'll blog about that show too). I'm going to write this post like you have never heard of ramen noodles before, just for fun.
One pack of ramen noodles costs about $.20, making them really popular with poor/college/poor college kids.



Another reason they are so popular is that they are easy to make. Ramen can be prepared in two ways: stove top or microwave. I prefer boiling water on the stove top because then I can feel like a chef without actually being a chef. I like to poke the brick (my research has informed me the term for the uncooked noodles is known as a brick) with a fork while it floats in the boiling water, because it also makes me feel very chef-like. Ramen is most commonly eaten plain, but I have seen it accompanied with saltine crackers, which is really good! I exclusively eat the chicken flavored ramen, mostly because the other flavors dont seem very appealing. Actually, there is a flavor called "lime shrimp". I think I just threw up. I don't trust packaged seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment