Sunday, October 16, 2011

Moccasins: my Grandpa predicts fashion trends.

I just preheated my oven to 400 degrees, and my goal is to see if I can write one blog post in the time it takes to cook this pizza. It will be quite a lovely pizza, a personal deep dish cheese. So hopefully that all turns out well.

I was really cold earlier and decided to slip on my pair of target moccasins. This is the generic cheap pair that LITERALLY EVERY GIRL OWNS. If you have ever been to Kennedy High School, you know what I'm talking about. I decided this would be an interesting topic to write about, because my grandpa has been wearing moccasins since before I was born, definitely before they were fashionable. Moccasins used to be on par with a pair of bunny slippers; you only wore them when you were in the privacy of your own home. With the rising popularity of Uggs and other sheepskin boots, moccasins soon found their place in fashion.

I bought my first pair sometime early last winter, before Christmas. The first day I wore them to school; pure bliss. My feet were so warm surrounded by fur, but with the lazy comfort of socially acceptable slippers. The second day I wore them, the fur on the bottom had flattened significantly. After about a month, there was hardly anything left but the shell. I continued to wear them, however. For my birthday (December 24th) my dad bought me a pair of very nice Ugg moccasins. To be completely honest, I was a bit mortified. My previous pair had completely fell apart within a month. Now I was presented with a $100 pair that would surely meet the same fate, right?

Wrong. Have you ever heard the saying, "you get what you pay for"? It really is true. If you buy a pair of $8 moccasins, don't expect a life companion. Moccasins are wonderful shoes that make your feet happy. The more expensive pair is going to benefit you in the long run.



And it was the greatest pizza ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment