Sunday, October 16, 2011

Regular Show is pretty exceptional! (HA HA HA GET IT?)

So the other day I was just hanging out at my house and whatnot, watching TV. When I don't know what to watch, one of my first instincts is to turn on Cartoon Network. I've been watching it since as long as I can remember and just never really grew out of watching it. Cartoon Network appealed to me more when I was younger and gradually has been more interesting lately. This is probably because, in my opinion, the shows are much better. Probably my favorite of the new block of programs Cartoon Network has introduced is Regular Show.




This show is kind of difficult to explain. Basically, there are two main characters: Mordecai and Rigby. (Rigby is the raccoon and Mordecai the blue-jay.) It is assumed they are adults. They live a world of anthropometric animals that go on an average day-to-day basis. Mordecai and Rigby have average jobs working for the park, which they consistently slack at. Most of the humor comes from the interactions between Mordecai and Rigby, which is very childish but I just can't help but find hilarious. It's very hard to pinpoint exactly what is so funny about them, you really just have to watch a few episodes to get the collective idea. Everything is very overplayed with a sarcastic tone that just appeals to me. Here's a decent example:


That should give you a decent idea about the funny interactions between them. Probably the best running joke about the show is that every episode results in them either being sucked into another dimension or changing reality completely, only for it to be reset by the end of the episode. I think if the entire show stayed at the casual level it was at in the beginning, it would be kind of boring. The fact it slides into some ridiculous zone makes it laugh worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment