Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mediocre about Halloween shows because I'm really tired.

The best part about October is definitely the Halloween. More specifically, the TV and movies that play during this time. I always loved Halloweentime when I was little because I loved the creepy feeling you get from them. I would be sad when Halloween ended and suddenly there was a huge lack of horror programming. I would fill that void when I was younger with shows like Ghost Hunters, A Haunting, and Are You Afraid of the Dark. I wish that TV had more shows like that on these days. The people who made A Haunting have another show now on animal planet called The Haunted, which is taken from "true" accounts and then dramatized. The only required element is that the story have an animal of some sort living with them at the time. Other than that, The Haunted is basically a normal human show that happens to be on Animal Planet.

One of my favorite movies when I was little was Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride. Burton is a master of animation and setting the tone for his movies. In this film, the living world is portrayed as boring and the colors are muted gray to make a more dreary feel. On the flipside, the world of the dead is very bright and colorful while still remaining slightly dark to fit the rest of the movie. I think this was a work of genius for Burton because he is very good at making the right picture.


Nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment