Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Madness according to my 9-year old brother

My 9 year old brother, Cole, knows a lot about basketball. I come from a family that is basically basketball 24/7. My dad played for Kennedy in 1984 when they won state, he started every single game. He got a lot of scholarships and could've played for Iowa, but chose the University of Illinois. After playing basketball for a year there, he decided he wanted to go to Coe College and played basketball and football simultaneously. Now he's an assistant coach for Kennedy's mens basketball team. So basketball is basically his life. I played a lot of basketball when I was younger but never really kept going with it. My Dad has influenced my brother a lot. I'm really proud of my brother because he's really very smart. He uses a lot of his knowledge for sports statistics and playing in general. Last year my brother entered his bracket into my Mom's office tournament and won the entire thing, beating out 200+ adults. He won $150 by predicting the final four and the overall champion. So I decided to ask him about a couple games. The following is my attempt to capture his rambling as best as possible.


North Carolina vs Creighton

"North Carolina, easily. They're my favorite team. Harrison Barnes will do the job for North Carolina on offense and John Henson will do the job for North Carolina on defense, they're the best players. Doug McDermott is Creighton's best player because he plays the post really well. He... umm... gets really big and scores... he does this power dribble and he scores! North Carolina has better uniforms because they're blue camouflage but that's only like one of their five uniforms. John Henson from North Carolina will do sweet dunks and if you're asking about 3 point shots.... Reggie Bullock when he gets the ball he isn't afraid to shoot it. Creighton could only win if Harrison Barnes gets hurt."

Kentucky vs Indiana


"Oh wow Kentucky is gonna beat 'em by like 500 points. They have Anthony Davis and he's gonna block all the shots and the point guard Miller is going to get every 3 pointer he shoots. Indiana is a good team but they just can't beat Kentucky. Nobody but North Carolina could beat Kentucky. Kentucky has sweet uniforms solid royal blue with white numbers! I only kinda like Indiana's uniforms but they look saggy. Jordan Holes is Indiana's best player because of his ball handling. Cody Zeller is a really good post because he rebounds really good, his brother is Tyler Zeller and he plays for North Carolina. Kentucky has an advantage because they're a little closer to Louisville.


He got bored and distracted after that and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment