Sunday, March 11, 2012

Brooms standing by themselves: physics or witchcraft?

A common trend I've been seeing on the internet is lots of pictures of brooms standing up by themselves. At first I thought it was just a trick; that people would hold the broom up and get a picture of it in the air. I was confused as to why people would think this is cool. But then I saw a comment explaining exactly what it is: that some sort of planetary alignment. I tried for quite a while to see if I could get it, but the broom kept falling over. After I did a little research (which for this generation means searching on google) I read that only a broom with a flat bottom will stand, and that is only at certain times of the day.

not my kitchen, just a random google picture. gotta site your sources yo.


UPDATE: In the middle of writing this post I tried to stand up a broom again. It worked. The broom seemed lifeless, then I felt a little kick when I let it go and it stayed stationary for a long time. When I walked to close to it, it fell over. Apparently, the brooms standing up by themselves have something to do with luck and finding the center of gravity, and less to do with "planetary alignment". Using planetary alignment as an explanation for something just makes you sounds like a crazy person.




PS I changed my background and color scheme.
More springtime-ish. I mean, its brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment