Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Locker DRAMA

Lately, there has been a lot of drama surrounding religion at my school, with a select group of students duct-taping posters to their lockers with bible verses on them. Not only have I heard over a dozen complaints from friends of mine personally, but a friend of mine had one put on her locker without her permission and wrote a post directed towards the young lady who supports the motion of taping posters to your locker. Personally, I don't really think it's a huge deal when done with permission, but some of the locker tapings occurred on random lockers, making the owner of the locker feel like a victim of some sort of religious rampage. 
(Side note: some people printed out Harry Potter quotes and posted them on their lockers to make fun of the recent bible verses being pasted on lockers.)
In regard for efficiency, I will give my friend’s blog the name of “Blog 1,” while the bible verse girl’s blog will be entitled “Jesus” Let’s begin.
After having a quick look-over of Jesus, I realized that the majority of it was centered around the person themselves – along the lines of “I’m a good human being who sets an even better example. Do what I do in life.” As you read through her posts on the blog, you realize bible verses threaded in here and there in the posts. If the owner of Jesus ever reads this, let me tell you – people don’t appreciate religion being stuffed down their throats, and neither does my friend, who owns Blog 1. I don’t think I need to stick up for her, though – she’s done that to a great extent through her own words.
Now let me inform you of something else. The constant quotations from the bible and references to religion get in the way of your credibility. A lot… No joke. People will see the constant quotations from the bible as  you having a skewed perception of reality – not a God-inspired stroke of genius. So there’s your credibility down the drain. And in blogging, you have three essentials:
- Credibility
- Content Quality
- Morale/Attitude
You've kinda already lost #1. I’m about to explain to you why you’re going to lose #2. Content quality on a blog is simply that – the quality of the content you produce. I understand that this blog is meant for the use of a class, but the issue is that you’re using it in other ways. That’s completely fine with the rest of society, as long as you do not incorporate content that would otherwise bash someone’s happiness or pride. There are no laws that say you can’t have an opinion about someone or blog about how wrong their choices are. You can feel free to do that. All I’m saying is that, in order to better your reputation as a blogger (and a human being), you might want to have a little decency and not bash people for doing what makes them happy. After all, we were taught in Sunday school to love all people equally, regardless of their choices in life, or how they look, or act? You’ve successfully contradicted yourself. Hypocrisy is a big minus when it comes to saying something intelligent.
- Credibility
- Content Quality
- Morale/Attitude
I think most would agree, through the above evidence, that your blog has a very biased morale, and a relatively self-centered attitude.
- Credibility
- Content Quality
- Morale/Attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment