Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Grey

I say this every time but hey look its the trailer for The Grey




This movie was awesome. Usually when I come to write a review I'm disappointed. The Grey was really great though! Its about an Alaskan oil drilling team who's helicopter crashes in the middle of the frozen wilderness. The main character, played by Liam Neeson was hired to protect the facility from wolves and takes charge while everyone else freaks out. They soon discover a pack of wolves is circling them. I never really thought about it before, but wolves are really scary. This situation terrifies me. Watching this movie, you're always on the edge of your seat, wondering if a wolf will lunge out of nowhere and rip into one of the main characters. There are so many things that make The Grey a great movie, but the tension is what I  remember. I literally couldn't relax the whole movie. Few movies can duplicate the sheer amount of tension and suspense this survival movie offers.

Spoiler alert: everyone dies a bloody, brutal, wolf-related death. In most survival films, characters are killed off and there is a major lack of emotional impact. This is not the case in The Grey, however, as I found myself caring about the characters more and more as the movie went on. The characters arent the usual stereotypes that everyone hopes will get killed off soon enough. On top of it all, Liam Neeson is such a badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment