Sunday, February 19, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

What is the first thing you think of when someone says Abraham Lincoln? The hat? The civil war? America? Log cabins? How about vampires? It sounds ridiculous, but that's the title for a new movie coming out in 2012, about Abraham Lincoln trying to save the United States from vampires.




I was initially suspicious of this idea for a movie. Something about it just seems... preposterous. (I like that word). We all know Abraham Lincoln didn't hunt vampires, and it seemed at first this would just be a cheap movie designed to entertain a not-so-bright crowd. Then I saw it was directed by Tim Burton, and it got my hopes up. I'm secretly a big geek for Tim Burton movies, the animated ones included. This film is supposed to be a hero by day- superhero by night type of film, following Abraham Lincoln as the runs for president and battles a political group of vampires trying to gain control of the White House. This film features an axe wielding Lincoln chopping up vampires (get it.....because he was born in a log cabin) and apparently quite a bit of danger involved. It looks good enough to watch like a scary movie as well as an action movie, and I'm sure will be very popular in the sci-fi community. My Dad, who really likes history, didn't like the idea. He said it was an abomination of American History. Any Tim Burton vampire movie is sure not to dissapoint. The title is kind of lame and stereotypical, and might turn off some people like it make me feel. Not much is known about this movie yet, only a trailer and some stills have been released, but I've been eagerly digging trying to find more.

No comments:

Post a Comment