Sunday, November 6, 2011

Toads?

I want to see if I can write about something completely random and make it sound interesting. I admire the writers at http://www.cracked.com/'s ability to do this, so I'm going to exercise my writing muscles and go for it! So in desperation, went to Wikipedia and clicked random article.

Unfortunately, my random article was " ジャイアニズム ~お前の物は俺の物~ (Gianism ~omae no mono wa ore no mono)".  I have no idea how to even write about that. I'm really not THAT talented.
So I clicked a few more times before I found something easy.

So meet the Marine toad. He's coming to invade your town.





Marine toads, or Bufo marinus is also known as the cane toad. The marine toad is fairly large in comparison to other toad species. It varies in color, but can be found in gray, light green, green-brown, forest green, and beige. Its bumpy skin contains poison glands. A marine toad tadpole is poisonous to many animals if ingested. The marine toad lives almost completely on land, only venturing in the water to breed. The marine toad has a moderate tolerance to salt water, and can be found in some coastal estuaries. 


But theres a dark side to the marine toad.



bum. bum. bum.


Seriously, this thing is ridiculous. I kinda of was impressed with how good this thing is at surviving and just obliterating everything else.  Marine toads use little discretion in choosing their meals. They gobble up small rodents, reptiles, birds, amphibians, and if they please, pet food and household garbage. Basically, if you leave anything outside, the marine toad will eat it and then probably give birth to 50 other toads in your backyard just to laugh at you. The marine toad has no natural predators, because the marine toads appetite is so large, it has been introduced to many regions as a form of pest control, most notably against the cane beetle. The marine toad now can be found in Australia, the Carribean, The Phillipines, Fiji, New Guniea, and the United States. Its ability to adapt and reproduce is allowing its population to slowly expand in these areas.
I found a really creepy section at the bottom of the wikipedia article. "Uses". Apparently the marine toad is sold as scary merchandise. I don't know why.



why.

No comments:

Post a Comment